Building Resilience in Children.
Workshop for Parents.
We would like to invite you to this very informative session.
Somerfield te Kura Wairepo
5th September 1.45-3.00
Our facilitator is:
Georgina Guild (Registered Social Worker with the School Based Mental Health Team)
What will be covered:
– What is resilience?
– What do children need to build resilience?
· Building caring relationships
· Positive role models
· Community resources
· Developing self control and building self regulation
· Developing thinking skills
· Building confidence
· Developing a positive outlook
· Encouraging responsibility and participation
This will be for around an hour.
There will be a range of resources and Georgina and her colleague will be available for questions following the presentation
Please RSVP by 3rd September to
By Julie Bassett