Forward Together, Smiles Forever, Learning Every Day, Smart Kids for Life.
Resources to support whanau
Here is a variety of support/ information for families:
- Real-time Resilience: Coping During COVID-19 (video 30:03)
- Real-time Resilience: Supporting Young People (video 27:03)
- Talking to Children About COVID-19
- COVID-19: Looking After Your Mental Wellbeing
- Top Tips for Parents/Caregivers in Uncertain Times
Phone 0508 326 459 or email email@example.com
Get in touch if you think a child or young person may be:
- unsafe or in danger of harm
- suffering from ill-treatment, abuse or neglect
- or you’re not sure if you should be concerned, and want advice, or just to talk things through
A social worker will work out how urgent this is, and the best thing to do next.
1737 is a free, confidential helpline for anyone who is feeling anxious, overwhelmed and would like to talk to someone. This is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Phone or text 1737
Welcome to Somerfield School in leafy Somerfield, the home of the “SMART Somerfield Kid”. Our expectation is to have children who are socially adept, motivated, articulate, resilient, thinkers. We have a well equipped school situated in park like grounds. Our children are taught by hard working, passionate and committed teachers, who are well trained and focussed on the learning of every child. Our school works in partnership with our whānau to provide a holistic learning environment where we know children’s wellbeing must come first before they can learn. Our teachers work collaboratively in well resourced classrooms and are supported by a large learning support team focussed on individual needs.